So I’ve been playing the Gears of War 3 Beta for a while now and a few thoughts and initial impressions have been floating around in my head and I wanted to put them down and share them with you. These are just my opinions and this is not a review or fan boy QQ session. I like this game overall so far, and I thoroughly enjoyed the previous titles. Deathmatch being my favorite mode so far I really want to see some of the other multi player modes tested prior to launch this fall. Oh by the way you can still get in on the beta by pre-ordering the game at your local Gamestop\EB games. Ok lets get started!
Things I like so far about the beta:
1. Graphics and engine run like butter – better textures and smoother environment rendering
2. Match making is fast – groups are formed with ease
3. The new maps are nice – I can’t wait to see the rest of them at release
4. Cool achievements and perks – You unlock more stuff as you go and its cool stuff
5. Win or lose you gain something – You will be losing a lot but a sweet victory will emerge every once and a while
6. I like the loadout changer on the dead screen – This allows you to try different guns and combination’s on the fly
7. Sound effects – I love the depth and crispness of the sound, I can’t wait to play the campaign
8. Violence! – Thank god they did not remove it and as a good option you can turn off blood and gore if you want
9. Speed of games – The pace is nice and you can force a draw by just surviving for so long, I like this feature
10. Finish him! – The new and existing executions are still present and more brutal than ever!
Read the complete article to find out what I think needs to change.